Sunday, September 29, 2013

Models in the family.......

Uncle Leon

Before his big accident my uncle Lorenzo "Leon" Taylor was one of the Bahamas's most profound professional models. He taught models how to walk as a runway instructor and was also known as a brilliant singer in his day. Fate has had it that an unfortunate turn of events would stop his entertainment career but he had bounced back to become a successful architect. Even since I was young my uncle was always perceived as the over achiever of the family, everyone loved him. Now that he has retired it seems as if I'm the next prodigy with a shot to reach stardom. Though I might have the height and looks I still do not posses half of the talent that my uncle had. To follow his footsteps would be a very hard task but I plan on coming into my own identity through a different direction. My uncle gave me a few tips from his experiences as a working model. I have yet to hear about all of his adventures traveling the world but I can only imaging what he has yet to tell me.

My experience of the lifestyle through the glamour and the attention that comes with modeling is very inviting but the sacrifices are great.. You have to constantly work out, eat healthy, maintain good skin, avoid drugs with the exception of alcohol, getting agents who can send you on the best castings. On second thought its really not that difficult if your naturally beautiful but It is not for the lazy..

 
My Parents
 
 
I can't tell if I resemble my mother more than my father or the other way around but I believe the combination came out great. My father grew up as a boy in the country side of Jamaica and my mom grew up in the Bahamas. You could find her bio at (www.ednataylorbooks.com).. My mom has a bunch of modeling photos back in the days rocking the famed afro puff. Ill post them up here whenever I can get ahold of them.  
 
 
 
My mom



My mom modeling in the Bahamas in her hay day. Follow her at @EdnaTaylor11 on twitter and support her books.. Love you mom

No comments:

Post a Comment